Are you a dreamer?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. -Arthur O'Shaughnessy, from Ode

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday morning, Rain is falling

Hello to all! First, a happy late birthday wish to my husband (Jan 10), my sister (Jan 13) and my dear friend Jessica (Jan 10). I really should stop sending birthday wishes via blog because inevitably I'm going to forget someone (Lacy: Dec 4, Jamie: Dec 11, Jesus: Dec 25). If I were more disciplined with updating my blog, it might not be a problem...but alas, I'm not. So, let's just move forward, shall we?

In the news: we're moving into our own apartment! Yippee! We found a cute little place in a lovely neighborhood for less money than we'd planned on spending-- all around, a great deal! We're moving stuff throughout the week this week and then next weekend, Josh's parents are coming to help. Pictures are forthcoming. I'm trying to resist the urge to purchase yards and yards of fabric for curtains, pillows, dust ruffles, etc. I have a wish list of about 100 home goods! It will slowly come together, I must be patient!

Speaking of patient, we think we found a church! We've been going to Christ Community Church for all of the new year, and today we're going to join a small group. We'll see if it sticks. Please keep praying that we're doing what God wants us to do, where He wants us to do it.

I know I've been woefully bad at being in touch the past few months-- this is not the pattern I wish to set! As things get settled down here in our new town, I'll have more energy to devote to things other than settling down!

There are too many exclamation points in this blog!

2 Comments:

Blogger CharCof said...

Glad to hear things are going well...settling into your own place will help so much (I've been there!) Hope you had fun with Rhonda and Terry over the holiday weekend! She's here next weekend and I can't wait! Have fun moving and I look forward to taking some time to write you soon!!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger The Whelans said...

Snow is falling here...what a fun sight! Our trip to IKEA was long, draining, but very productive--thanks for asking on my blog. Word to the wise: Don't try to make large purchases with two small children in tow! I'm glad you guys are doing well. How was the move? Are you enjoying the new place? Hope it's great. Talk to you soon!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home