Are you a dreamer?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. -Arthur O'Shaughnessy, from Ode

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Grow

Well, as most of you now know, I'm on a little sabbatical from speech therapy (very temporarily) and I'm working in a fabulous salon owned by my friends, Rick and Heather. It has been super fun getting to know a new crowd of people and enjoying less responsibility. I've been assisting the stylists by shampooing hair, sweeping, doing dishes, and laundry. Working in a this capacity has been a great reminder to me of how I should always serve others--even when it isn't listed in my job description. Everyone's work place would be a little happier if we would go out of our way just a teeny bit to make someone else's day a little easier. Anyhoo, check out Grow Salon; they're fabulous at what they do!

2 Comments:

Blogger CharCof said...

You are an amazing woman - thanks so much for reminding me of the (sometimes) obvious! A friend of mine says we are where we are for usually very specific reasons - so bloom where we are planted because the wind is always blowing...

8:30 PM  
Blogger Matt and Jamie said...

hmmmm...i've been thinking about a haircut...I'm glad to hear that even sabaticals (sp?) "Grow" us ;) Can't wait to see ya'll this weekend! Much love to you and yours (I've always wanted to write that...it's just so corny?,
Jamie

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home