Are you a dreamer?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. -Arthur O'Shaughnessy, from Ode

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter in the garden

We had such a lovely time with my family this Easter. It was so great to spend time with my aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, sister, and grandparents. I often take for granted what a wonderful extended family I have. My cousin Haley sang "Why?" by Nicole Nordeman in church on Sunday morning and she sang beautifully! I really am so blessed by my family becuase they are so talented...and funny, too! My mom and her siblings have gotten into bicycle riding (30, 50 and 100 miles). My cousin Jennifer will be graduating this May and going to Mercer on a full ride. My grandparents are going to Italy next weekend (which is smart in that they get a break from their crazy family!). I think it is good to stay connected to your roots-- where you come from, so to speak. I don't have to live right up under their noses to stay in touch and keep up with how they are growing and learning. Family is such a gift-- be it by birth or association. God has given us a dynamic, vital family of faith to depend on and to learn from. We should continually seek find His reflection in our own family as well as our Christian brothers and sisters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt and Jamie said...

What a cutie couple! Hope your Easter was fabulous!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home